Last Updated: April 28, 2023
While the use of our Site is mainly intended for users in the United States, we understand that some of our users may reside elsewhere. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that by using our services, website, and/or app, you may be transferring your personal information to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your home country.
Personal Information means any information that, when used alone or combined with other personal or identifying information, can be used to identify an individual, family, or household.
Aggregate Information means data derived from Personal Information and obtained by us from other sources in aggregated, anonymous form that does not identify any individual. Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we use Aggregate Information to understand our customers and to develop, improve and/or market our Services. We may provide Aggregate Information to Third Parties.
Third Parties means vendors, agents, contractors, or affiliates that provide services to or on behalf of JHBC, and certain parties with which we have a business relationship.
You means any JHBC customer, a consumer seeking JHBC goods or services, or a Site visitor.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information You Provide
JHBC is committed to collecting only the information that is necessary to provide goods and services to you or to comply with applicable law. We receive, store, and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us based on our business relationship (or our potential business relationship) with you, or by using or accessing our website or other online services.
- The information you provide to us when you create an JHBC account, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Billing and payment information you provide to our third-party payment processor in order to pay for goods or services, including your financial information (such as bank account and/or credit/debit card numbers), and Social Security Number;
- Information used to visit, register for, manage, or access your online account, such as your JHBC account number, name, address, phone number, email address, and other unique identifiers such as a username and password;
- Information you give us when you communicate with JHBC and/or any of its representatives; and
- Information you give us when you respond to surveys or participate in promotions;
Automatic Collection and Cookies
Web users have the right to browse the Site anonymously. Simply browsing the Site does not pass any of your personal information to JHBC.
Like many other Websites, the Site may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the Site. Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your browser for storage on your computer. Cookies make your internet use easier by saving your status and preferences about a website.
These cookies may be used anonymously to document analytics about pages visited on our Site for statistical usage. Additionally, if your activity on the Site is initiated by clicking on a link from a marketing email or if you have submitted a form on the Site in order to download digital materials, information about your activity and the pages you visit are collected so that we can more effectively display information to you that is relevant to your needs and interests. We have never and will never sell any of this data to third parties.
Most web browser software automatically accepts cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that if you do not wish to store the information on your computer. How to turn off all cookies differs for each web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) so you may wish to consult your browser's "Help" menu for additional information. Note that if you choose to turn off our cookies using the features of your web browser, it may prevent certain features of the Site for operating optimally for you. We do not link cookies to other personally identifiable information about you.
Online Tracking How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including JHBC, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
How we use the information we collect
We use your information to provide the goods or services you requested and support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to:
- Fulfill your requests and communicate with you about those requests;
- Help you quickly find and/or receive information about JHBC;
- Register and service your account;
- Provide customer service;
- Alert you to our updated information and services and provide more complete services and website content;
- Notify you of goods and services we offer in which you may be interested;
- Improve the content of our websites for your use;
- Protect the security of our websites and our business.
We do not use techniques that collect personal information without your knowledge, or sell email addresses or provide any personal information submitted through our Site to any third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to withhold personal information from us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you request.
How We May Share the Personal Information We Collect with Third Parties
We may share Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as:
- to third parties and/or service providers who are providing the product(s), service(s), or information you requested. These third parties are not allowed to use your Personal Information except for the purpose of providing these product(s) and/or services;
- to third parties who are providing service(s) to JHBC (for example, third-parties performing credit card processing, credit reporting agencies, electronic bill payment services, debt collection services). These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, these third parties may collect Personal Information directly from you, rather than by means of JHBC providing that information to third parties;
- to selected third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please see below for your choices regarding this sharing;
- undergoing business transitions; in the event JHBC experiences a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, or selling a portion of its assets, Personal Information will, in most instances, transfer as part of that business transition;
- when JHBC has formed a good-faith belief that disclosure of information is necessary to protect the rights and property of JHBC, or other JHBC customers;
- assisting emergency responders in situations of immediate threat to life or property;
- when allowed or required by law or regulation or when our legal counsel has a good-faith belief that a warrant, subpoena or court order requires the disclosure; or
- with your consent.
Links to Other Sites
JHBC makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through links from this Site. In addition, a link to a website does not mean that JHBC endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
Obtaining and Correcting Information
If you wish to know the Personal Information we have collected from you through your use of our website or otherwise, or if you believe we have obtained inaccurate information about you, please contact us using the information provided in the "Contact Information" section below.
In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services that may be of interest to you. In addition, we may share your information with business partners in order for them to market their products and services to you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or by these third parties for this purpose, you may “opt-out” of receiving such information by contacting us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
Marketing emails you receive from us include an unsubscribe instruction (usually found at the bottom of the email) that you may use to opt out of receive future marketing-related emails.
Email: email@example.com (please use “Privacy” in the subject line)
Jen Hatmaker Book Club c/o Amy Chandy Consulting, LLC
11625 Custer Rd., #110-354
Frisco, TX 75035